Professions, Humanitarian Missions: Short, Medium, and Long Term
Field Of The Mission.
School Education, Health.
Among the actions carried out by VIADUC, education plays an important role: school, health, cultural education, etc.
Education is the basis of all sustainable development and therefore it must be valued in every respect in our countries where the illiteracy rate is alarming today.
Work to do:
- School support and animation of children can be done in a combined or separate way.
- Trainee volunteers will be assigned to schools (kindergarten, primary school, college, or high school).
- Depending on the subjects that the volunteers themselves have chosen, they will assist the professors of these subjects during the courses. They need to have completed at least up to the level of program they will be Interning for and will themselves be able to offer courses to students.
- This program contains courses such as: mathematics, physics chemistry, French, English, German, history, geography, accounting, physical education, sports, etc.
- This will enable expatriates to compare their methods of teaching at home with those of local teachers, and to learn new experiences in the field, because a classroom is above all a meeting place to both give and receive.
- Planned tutoring during holidays and major holidays, in collaboration with academic institutions of various locales.
- The animation of the children will be done in the villages or in the nursery schools: songs, dances, various African and European games, theaters, sketches and sketches presented by children.
For this training period, no special skills are required of volunteers.
The health problem is a major concern in our poor countries like Togo due to lack of education, health and hospital infrastructure. The rules of hygiene are poorly understood and poorly practiced or nonexistent. This exposes populations, especially children, to the risk of illness and death.
VIADUC has resolutely engaged and worked for a better hygienic and sanitary education in order to impart to the different social strata, a physical and family well-being.
Work To Do
We will need our volunteers to go to rural and urban communities to teach them basic hygiene rules, raising awareness and convincing them about the existence and effect of certain diseases such as STD and STI AIDS . The big problem is to convince the mostly rural populations, who do not always believe in the existence of AIDS.
Awareness campaigns are organized by VIADUC, with films on the prevention and fight against certain diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, typhoid, and especially STDs and STIs that destroy the Togolese youth. These campaigns also aim at the need for birth spacing and also denounce genital mutilations (excision) on young girls and the risk of illness and death it may cause. During these campaigns, small workshops will be formed to disinfect and dress the minor wounds often infected on village children.
The trainees will intervene in health huts (in villages), infirmaries and hospitals. Thus they will have to assist doctors, medical auxiliaries or even midwives in their activities. They will provide care for the sick and even assist in the “cleaning and sanitizing of hospitals” that VIADUC often organizes in hospitals.
These internships will enable expatriate trainees to discover, analyze and appreciate how care is provided in our hospitals, the problems faced by patients and doctors.
The trainees will be able to compare their methods of work with those of local doctors, and they will be able to propose and exchange their working methods and, by doing so, enrich themselves with new experiences.
Presentation Of The Locations Where The Training Courses Take Place
The training courses will take place in the villages around Kpalime, capital of Togolese crafts.
Living conditions can be simple, even precarious, sometimes without electricity or running water. The participants will be lodged with the inhabitant and will share all the moments of the current life with them (meals, etc.). You will have a master of training and a member of the association which will remain permanently to keep you company. You will also be in contact with the population and in the company of children always smiling. The association will provide you with food and cooking utensils.
Weekends are often organized for the benefit of leisure, excursions and so on.
No advance is required, participants pay registration fees on arrival and before the start of training.
The participation fee is payable in Togo in CFA francs or Euros
The training costs amount to €183 or 120,000 F CFA per month
The training fees includes:
- Reception of the volunteer from Lome airport to the place of the internship
- The lodging
- Catering (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- The purchase of raw materials necessary for the realization of the project
- The costs of the association’s structures.
Training costs do not include:
- Buying souvenirs (crafts, fabric and others)
- Leisure activities (drinks, appetizers or etc.)
- Personal travel by taxi
- Hospital fees, but the association will provide moral support to the volunteer.