A camp site (workshop) is a place where people gather for a given time to realize a project. It is international when it brings together a plurality of nationalities who are called upon to refer to each other, and to change their culture, and to complement each other in a strong atmosphere during the period of the mission.
Who Can Participate?
Any adult especially animated by a sense of volunteerism. Anyone wishing to provide voluntary contribution for the development of rural communities and be enriched by a new experience.
Our conditions are simple, and are necessary conditions for a healthy and cheerful social life. To go to a VIADUC camp site you must:
- Be 18 years old.
- To be voluntary in the broad sense.
- To love one’s neighbor without discrimination of nationality, sex or religion.
- Make a commitment to respect the traditional structures, the rules and the taboos of the environments where the building sites unfold.
- To be insured (Repatriation Insurance).
- For expatriates: be in good standing in Togolese territory (Visa, vaccines, etc.).
NB: VIADUC informs the prefectural authorities and the security agents before the arrival of the volunteers to allow them a pleasant stay. In addition each site is supervised by a facilitator who has received training in managing a group. (what does “NB” stand for?)
The participation fee is to be paid in one installment to the VIADUC – Togo office’s AGOU Station when you arrive.
These fees amount to €170 or 111,000 F CFA francs.
The participation fee includes:
- a night of accommodation in Lome when you arrive
- transportation from Lome to AGOU – Gare
- accommodation for 21 days
- food for 21 days
- the purchase of materials necessary for carrying out certain works
- transportation during the excursion
- the remuneration of the guides during the excursion
- management fees of VIADUC – Togo
The participation fee does not include:
- plane tickets
- personal expenses (purchases of souvenirs and others)
- travel in addition to those planned during the tour – any hospital costs (need to have repatriation insurance).